Discontinuation of the Old Web Message Creation Template
Thank you for your continued support of Repro.
On Wednesday, December 2, 2020, we announced the renewal of our web message creation template.
With the release of the new template, we will be phasing out the old template.
If you are using the old template, please follow the instructions in the "Request to Customers" section below.
How to discontinue the old-style template
Phase 1: February 9, 2021 (Tuesday)
- You will no longer be able to create new web messages using the old-style template.
- We will release a new template that can be used to create web messages of the same type as the old template.
Phase 2: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- It will no longer be possible to duplicate, publish, re-edit, or re-publish web messages created with the old template.
Phase 3: Wednesday, March 17, 2021
- All drafts created with the old-style template will be completely deleted and will not be viewable in the message list.
- Preview URLs issued in the compose screen of messages to be deleted will also be disabled.
Phase 4: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- All web messages created with the old-style template will be moved to the archive. You will still be able to view the messages.
The implementation schedule may be pushed back without notice.
How to check the old template
How to identify them on the Create New Web Message screen
The following templates are all obsolete, and will be replaced by new ones in the release on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
- ID0018 Text
- ID0014 Text+Button
- ID0015 Text + 2 buttons
- ID0019 Text + Image
- ID0016 Text + Image + 2 Buttons
- ID0020 Image
- ID0021 Image (Image Icon)
How to tell the difference in the message list screen
Messages created with the old-style template are marked with "Response Required" before the "Name".
How to tell the difference in the message detail screen
Messages created with the old-style template will have a guide text at the top of the screen.
A request to our customers
If you are using or plan to use Web messages using the old-style template, please take the following actions.
Continuing to distribute Web messages that have been published
There are two ways to continue to distribute the message.
- Please recreate the message using the template marked "NEW", including the new template that will be released on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
- Please duplicate the web message created with the old template, switch the type to "Custom" and publish it.
Please note that "Custom" messages require knowledge of HTML/CSS to edit. Please be careful.
If you do not respond, you will not be able to duplicate, re-edit, etc. the corresponding message on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Also, on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, all messages will be moved to the archive.
When a web message that is scheduled to be published in the future is saved as a draft
- Please make sure that web messages created with the old-style template are saved in drafts.
- If you have a message saved in a draft, please recreate the message with a new template if necessary by Wednesday, March 17, 2021. Alternatively, please re-save the message as private.
- If you do not respond, the message will be deleted from the draft on Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
For Repro users: #feature-requests channel in Pluto, our Slack channel for users. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Success team directly.
If you are not a Repro user: Please contact us using the form. A representative will get back to you as soon as possible.